Friday, April 1, 2011

My Trip to Nippani, Kaneri Math, Sidhagiri Museum and Sri MahaLakshmi Temple (Kolhapur)

We've started our Journey from Bangalore to Belgaum on Rani Chennamma Express train at 09:15 PM.....It was a good trip in the Sleeper coach but missed India vs Australia World cup Match on 24-March-2011 which India won...Reached Belgaum around 8:30 AM and reached Nipani through Bus via Sankeshwar (Where most of my college memories lye)..

My main intension of the trip was to meet my Engineering college mate and close friend Ram Nakul Sutar after almost 5 Yrs personally at his home town....But have not met due to his leave issue since he works in Pune...But enjoyed the time with two of his brothers, their kids and mom....Me and My family had a very good time staying on 25th March 2011..Got a very little bored since my friend was not there...

We have taken two special things from Nipani…..

1. Turmeric Pickle (Got from Pune by my friend)

2. Amarkhand (Amarkhand is mango flavored shrikhand)

After refreshing our self on 26th March 2011 (Saturday), we planned to visit "Siddhagiri Math" and also "Siddhagiri Museum" since my friend was not there.......which is on the way to Kolhapur where we were to head to my Home Town: Hyderabad at 7PM by MSRTC bus...

"Kaneri Math" and "Siddhagiri Museum":

Since there is no direct Bus from Nipani to Siddhagiri Math....We travelled short distances, First started from Nipani (Karnataka) and went to Kagal (Maharashtra), then took another bus which dropped us at M.R.D.C Circle...Then took a shared vehicle to Siddhagiri (Kaneri) Math, beside that was Siddhagiri Museum..The entire travel from Nipani to Siddhagiri took around 1 Hr.

Shri Kshetra Siddhagiri (Kaneri) Math has a history of more than 1000 years, and is a holy place of worship of Lord Mahadeva (Shiva).

The surrounding around is the museum a very calm and quiet, a hilly place with a good collection of Flora and Fauna.

It was very nice seeing Lord Shiva and the Dhyan Mandir in the premises of the Math.

We had darshan and few snaps inside the Math and went to the Wax Museum very quickly since we had to catch the bus at 7 PM.

The Ticket for adults to enter the "Siddhagiri Museum" is Rs. 40 and for Kids is Rs. 20...We have taken 2 adults and 1 kid ticket for my Daughter since my son is only 2.5 Yrs and Four of us went inside by convincing the security to put our luggage near to the entrance since no valuables were there except our clothes in the Two big bags...

The visit of the Siddhagiri Museum was simply Awesome and unimaginable....It was really superb...But no photography, a fine of Rs. 500 and pictures will be damaged is the only negative point.

As I heard and read the unique wax museum, probably the only one of its kind in India..

It is a perfect blend of fact, powerful imagination and enormous hard work in getting the life-like expressions of the whole village.

I would really go back again once my kids are big so that they can remember this life-like village for their entire life...

For more info and real pictures of the Wax Museum visit: www.siddhagirimuseum.org

As we completed faster at Siddhagiri Museum, came back to M.R.D.C Circle and reached Kolhapur by Bus.

We had good time to visit the "Sri Maha Lakshmi Temple" at Kolhapur which is a Sri Shakti Peeth....

It was really happy to visit the Temple after many years and also to take my family..."Jai Amba Bai"...

I have written on Sri Maha Lakshmi Temple (Kolhapur) as well, check out by clicking here...

Then traveled by bus at 7PM a Super-Luxury a bad journey to my home town Hyderabad which was not booked properly by me...

Probably if Volvo was available I would have booked it....

We reached Hyderabad at 8AM and I've returned back to Bangalore leaving my wife and kids for Summer vacation for a month….

It was over all a very busy but enjoyable journey I ever had after Mekedhat and Chunchi Falls Trip..To see Click here..

Click here for Pictures of entire visit..


1 comment:

  1. Nice post. Mahalakshmi temple in Kolhapur is famous temple in Maharashtra. If you want to visit Maharashtra religious places then visit http://maharashtraplanet.com/religious-places-in-maharashtra/

    ReplyDelete